Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

There are people in hell who have not repented of their divorce


My heart has been troubled as I hear many of our brethren who have divorced and/or have remarried but have not yet repented of their divorce. Many of them have not yet repented. In fact, many of them still justify their divorces with their own understanding and excuses. Many believe they have done the right thing since they believe they have found a more spiritual person who may be more respectful or treats them better. 

Oddly enough, we have been getting more questions about the circumstances of people and their relationships. Many seem to be in difficult situations or circumstances. The important thing to resolve any issues and to obtain peace is through repentance.

Last night, I had a dream and God showed me a scene in hell. It was a place where those who had divorced and where some had divorced and remarried. I saw those who had remarried to people who they had chosen according to their own standard and desires. It was a short dream but very vivid.

In my dream, I heard a loud and clear voice of a woman crying, “I thought I could divorce and remarry!” Then I saw her in the form of a skeleton. She was placed in a tub shaped containter which was filled with filthy water. I then saw 4 to 5 demons suddenly surround the tub. They began to violently beat her  skeletal form. Instantly, her skeletal form became little pieces. She screamed in pain! Then the scene changed instantly. 

I was shown a Christian woman busy preparing her wedding. She was preparing an expensive luxurious wedding to impress her family and friends. She was spending an enormous amount of money for her wedding.  The Lord impressed on me how He was not happy with Christians spending unnecessarily large amounts of money for their weddings. 

In the bible, there is only one allowance for a person can get divorce. If we look at the different translations, we have sexual immorality, unchasity, and fornication. Many do assume this is for a spouse's unfaithfulness which is true. 

Matthew 19:9 (ESV) And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.

Matthew 19:9 (AMP) I say to you: whoever dismisses (repudiates, divorces) his wife, except for unchastity, and marries another commits adultery, [a]and he who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Matthew 19:9 (KJV) And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

In verse three of Matthew 19, the Pharisee asked Jesus a question that many ask today. Many Christians have divorced for other reasons than fornication and have remarried thus adding more sin on top of more sin. 

Matthew 19:3-11 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, "Is it lawful to divorce one’s wife for any cause?"4He answered, "Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female,5and said, 'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? 6So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate." 7They said to him, "Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?" 8He said to them, "Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery."[a]10The disciples said to him, "If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry." 11But he said to them, "Not everyone can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given.

As we can see, Grace rises the ante. Many believe Grace gives people the right to sin and be ignorant but in fact, Jesus came to ante up the standards for salvation. 

Even if our spouses are fornicating with another or if they are committing sexual immorality do we just go and hire a lawyer for divorce? We must first seek their repentance. If they are not willing to repent and continue, then we have grounds for divorce. If you are in a physical or verbal abusive situation, then you must ask God permission to divorce but do not think God will grant it to you so easily. It is the job of a Christian to first pray earnestly and ask God to reconcile their differences. But sadly today, many barely pray and are always looking for an easy way out. They think there is someone better for them out there. Many divorce for personality differences. Many Christians divorce because their spouses are either working too much or watching too much TV. How can we say God allowed it when we did not even take it to prayer?

We are not here to judge your personal circumstances on why one may have divorced. We are here to warn those who have not repented, they must repent! Does it really matter who's fault it was when God HATES DIVORCE!!

Malachi 2:16 (AMP) For the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I hate divorce and marital separation and him who covers his garment [his wife] with violence. Therefore keep a watch upon your spirit [that it may be controlled by My Spirit], that you deal not treacherously and faithlessly [with your marriage mate].

It is the world that so easily divorces and remarries multiple times. Why are many Christians doing what the world does? Why do we think we can use Grace and not repent? Why will not Christians separate from what the world does?

Romans 7:2-3 (AMP) For [instance] a married woman is bound by law to her husband as long as he lives; but if her husband dies, she is loosed and discharged from the law concerning her husband.3Accordingly, she will be held an adulteress if she unites herself to another man while her husband lives. But if her husband dies, the marriage law no longer is binding on her [she is free from that law]; and if she unites herself to another man, she is not an adulteress.

In Korea, there are many Christian women who are literally and physically beaten by their husbands just because they believe in Jesus. And it is not only physical abuse but also verbal abuse. But do they give up? No, many pray for their violent spouse’s soul. Let me give you some testimonies.

A particular woman had suffered from verbal abuse by her husband for believing in Jesus. After eight years of endurance, perseverance, and prayer, her abusive husband had turned into a a famous evangelist in Korea.

Second testimony. There was a woman whose husband was strongly against her belief in Christ. She had to sneak out just to attend church. Many times her husband would  catch her. But she still persevered. He was very abusive verbally as he would drag her out of the church meetings in front of other brethrens. He then shaved her hair bald. After several years had passed and due to her long suffering and love in the Lord, he also became a famous evangelist in Korea and is now a pastor. 

Third testimony. A certain husband was a persecutor of Christians. He was very violent. She knew it would be very bad if her husband knew her faith in Christ. However, one day, she was caught. Her husband ordered her to tear up the bible. Trembling she refused. He commanded her again. She this time calmly refused. In his anger and on the third time he commanded her to rip up the bible. She said, "I am sorry, I can not tear up this book. I can with any other book but not this one." Knowing she would be beaten, she had refused. He then beat her to the point where her skull was fractured. Her face had become white and blood dripped through her nose from her brain. But through all her ordeal, she persevered and he is now a God fearing servant of God who has been to heaven and hell. 

Fourth testimony.  This is a testimony from the Lord’s church in South Korea. A particular husband was against his wife going to church. On a particular night, her husband came into the service and looked for his wife. He walked up and slapped her in the face. He then dragged her in front of the whole congregation. She did not put up a fight nor yelled. But she submitted and allowed her husband to drag her out. Today, that husband is a faithful servant in the Lord's church. 

How would Western Christian women react if their husbands cut all their hair off? How would they react if their husbands embarrassed them in front of their church? In South Korea, it is a different culture. The husband is law in his own home. It is not like America. These are a couple testimonies of women who have faithfully endured in long suffering and love. I am not saying you are allowed to stay in a physical abusive relationship. Each situation is different and it through your prayers you will find strength and direction. But the point is how many have given up so easily without a spiritual fight?

How about divorcing when a spouse does commit adultery? Are we allowed to divorce instantly as the bible does give us permission? 

Here is my personal testimony. 

During Steve's rebellious years against the Lord, he had cheated on me. I was very hurt and wounded as my husband in his delusion thought he found someone he loved. Did I have the right to divorce at that time? Maybe. I cried out to God asking permission to divorce. God answered me three times. God repeated and made it clear to me that I needed to be patient and endure. He said to have mercy on him. God said that He would use us in a mighty way in the future but my long suffering and patience was required. I had cried every night during this period for I was so hurt. I had prayed for the Lord to remove the hurt in my heart. He did answer my prayer and removed the hurt. 

Now, it does not affect me at all. Even if it was brought back into my memory, God has helped me be numb to it. Steve had many other issues that I had to deal with. But I knew I could no longer divorce him because God had made a promise. I had to do my part wait patiently enduring until His Will was done in our lives. Even though we have not yet been fully released to do His Kingdom work, we are on the verge of spiritual and financial breakthrough. God's promise has and will fully come to pass. What if I had divorced thinking I was in the right? What if the pain was too much and I decided to look for someone else? What if I had given up on my husband? What if I had given up yet Steve was my destined partner? 

Many Christians have easily given up before a fight or before they received permission from God. I am not saying I am better and I want to make it clear, I am not judging those who have divorced. If you are experiencing physical or verbal abuse and even if your spouse has cheated on you, one must first ask permission. Our long suffering and patience for our spouses will lead them to repentance and to God. The Lord suffered greatly for our salvation. He is the example of long suffering in which we must use to lead us into heaven.

God has told me that we must be like His character and nature. He is God of longsuffering and patience. Our flesh will want to leave our spouses even as they get on our nerves. Our flesh would want to compromise by thinking it is not God’s will that I stay in our marriage. But the fact is, GOD HATES DIVORCE!.

Please, those who are convicted by this note, please heed this warning. All you have to do is repent and not continue in your own ways. Will you keep marrying until you think you find the perfect spouse? If you have already divorced, please just ask God to forgive your sin. If you desire a husband or wife, please ask God to send you one instead. Why are so many of us following our own wicked hearts and desires? If you are currently separated from your spouse, please ask God for help and ask for His solution. God will create circumstances and will show you what to do.

Please do not go to hell just because of this one unrepented sin of divorce.

We love you and may God bless you!

Yoojin Kim

3 comments:

  1. great,christian need to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen I am glad you included your testimony in this because most believers believe that they should get divorce after adultery has taken place and I disagree. I went through the same thing and God told me the same thing not to leave and I was so hurt, BUT He healed me and I am still enduring because my husband is not saved yet. Like you He made me a promise and I am holding on to that.

    God bless you, your Ministry and your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many testimonies of those who have repented of remarriage adultery here.
    http://www.cadz.net/mdr.html

    Hopes this helps for those seeking truth in this matter.

    ReplyDelete