Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Monday, November 28, 2011

Lord, enlarge my border

1 Chronicles 4:10 "Jabez cried to the God of Israel, saying, Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my border, and that Your hand might be with me, and You would keep me from evil so it might not hurt me! And God granted his request."

"Enlarge my border," Jabez cried out to God. Many people are familiar with the book of the "Prayer of Jabez." If we ask God to enlarge our border, what would the motive be for us asking?  Is it just to have the ability to pay our debt so we can get into more debt? Are we asking for our own purpose and material blessings? As you see in the last sentence, God granted his request.

Do you need healing? Are you drowning in debt? Do you need your family restored? Does God not want to heal you? Does He not want to get rid of the bondage of debt from you? Does He not want your family restored?

As the economy deteriorates, I see many Christians crying out to God for help. God will use such circumstances for His purpose. I hope we have the wisdom to have the eyes and ears of our hearts open to see His purpose and plan. May His Light flood your heart so that you may be able to discern His divine Will.

Perhaps, healing, financial breakthrough, and the restoration of family will come when conditions are met. What conditions you ask? Perhaps, God is waiting for FULL SURRENDER from you. He will use such circumstances to squeeze (discipline/chastise) those He love. Perhaps, when we decide to fulfill our vows and promises made to Him, He will answer our prayers. Perhaps, if we start to truly live for His Kingdom instead of our own personal kingdoms, He can start to answer our prayers. Perhaps, if we ask Him to bless us so we can INCREASE His Kingdom and Ministry, He will answer.

Why are we asking for help? Are we asking for help for "self preservation" or for the enlargement of HIS KINGDOM and GLORY? Why would we want our borders enlarged? Are you sure you want the added responsibility to SERVE HIM? If you seek to enlarge your own borders for your own comfort or pride, do not think your prayers will be answered.

James 4:1-3 (AMP)WHAT LEADS to strife (discord and feuds) and how do conflicts (quarrels and fightings) originate among you? Do they not arise from your sensual desires that are ever warring in your bodily members?2You are jealous and covet [what others have] and your desires go unfulfilled; [so] you become murderers. [To hate is to murder as far as your hearts are concerned.] You burn with envy and anger and are not able to obtain [the gratification, the contentment, and the happiness that you seek], so you fight and war.  YOU DO NOT HAVE, BECAUSE YOU DO NOT ASK. [I John 3:15.]3 [Or] you do ask [God for them] and yet fail to receive, because YOU ASK WITH WRONG PURPOSE AND EVIL, selfish motives. Your intention is [when you get what you desire] to spend it in sensual pleasures.

I have seen some of His people prosper because they had made a vow to Him. But yet they do not fulfill their vows. Do not think God will not come to collect. He will come to collect for He will NOT BE MOCKED!

Job 1:21 (AMP) And said, Naked (without possessions) came I [into this world] from my mother's womb, and naked (without possessions) shall I depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; blessed (praised and magnified in worship) be the name of the Lord!

Scripture says He will grant you whatever you ask in His name so that the Father may be Glorified and extolled through the Son. He will grant you as you LOVE HIM by obeying His commands. Therefore brethren, OBEY HIM so He may grant you your prayers that is according to His Will and Glory.

John 14:13-15 (AMP) And I will do [I Myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name [as [a]presenting all that I AM], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son.14[Yes] I will grant [I Myself will do for you] whatever you shall ask in My Name [as [b]presenting all that I AM].15If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands.

Breakthrough do not always come overnight. They may take years as He continues to test you and your faith. Fully Surrender to HIM so that He may enlarge your borders and keep you away from evil for HIS GLORY and FOR HIS PURPOSE AND PLAN.

God bless
Fire of God
Steve Yong Kim
November 28, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment