Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pride before Destruction

“Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.”
Proverbs 16:18 NLT
Definition of haughty:
arrogantly, superior, and disdainful.
"a look of haughty disdain"
synonyms: proud, arrogant, vain, conceited, snobbish, superior, self-important, pompous, supercilious, condescending, patronizing;
Pride and haughtiness goes before destruction. Whenever things do not work out and it becomes more of a mess, know it was our pride that led us to our mess. It is because we think we can do it without proper counsel from those who we should go to counsel. Pride tries to force things to work out. Pride will not ask for help.
Pride does not listen to sound wisdom. Pride is a friend to jealousy. Haughtiness makes a person think one is always right. Pride makes them think they can figure it out on their own.
Humility will ask for help. Humility will seek counsel. Humility will admit when one is wrong or makes a mistake. Humility will raise the white flag of surrender.
Proverbs 18:12 NLT “Haughtiness goes before destruction; humility precedes honor.”
Proverbs 11:2 NLT“Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.”
Proverbs 29:23 “Pride ends in humiliation, while humility brings honor.”
Pride and arrogance will end up in disgrace and humiliation. Look at your fruit. Examine your harvest. We must seek and practice humility for that will result in honor and wisdom.
Proverbs 1:24-33 NLT“
“I called you so often, but you wouldn’t come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you— when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster engulfs you like a cyclone, and anguish and distress overwhelm you. “When they cry for help, I will not answer. Though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me. For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear the LORD. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. Therefore, they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way, choking on their own schemes. For simpletons turn away from me—to death. Fools are destroyed by their own complacency. But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.””
Isaiah 50:10-11 NLT “Who among you fears the LORD and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God. But watch out, you who live in your own light and warm yourselves by your own fires. This is the reward you will receive from me: You will soon fall down in great torment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment