Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Friday, July 27, 2012

Prophecy, Visions, and Dreams

As many false prophecies continue to come in regards to the end time, I am reposting this article. End time messages are putting fear into many of God's people because they fear they can not measure up to the messages. If a message gives you anxiety fear rather than conviction, then it is not from God.

March 7, 2012


On the internet, there are many Christians following other Christians. There are many Christians who are posting their dreams, visions, and prophecy. I, myself, encourage the gifts of God for we ourselves possess them. However, if you decide to follow or feed from a certain source, then the basic question is the following: What is the foundation of their ministry whether you are following an individual, group, or a church? You must continue to test all spirits.

Are you following their posts or messages of only prophecy, visions, or dreams? I am not saying they may be false or deception but I need to address a salient point. What are you feeding from? What is the foundation of their ministry or messages? They may had an original prophecy, vision, or dream which could have been from God. I am not saying what you may have been hearing or reading are false. I am not pointing to anyone or group specifically nor am I pointing to any specific message. However, I must address the issue that there are so many prophecy, visions, and dreams coming out that some are contradicting each other. And instead of discerning, I see many Christians accepting both contradicting prophecies. If one accepts contradicting prophecies, visions, or dreams, one is but compromising and really chasing an easy answer for their itchy ear instead of chasing Truth! Is the Gospel a roulette game in which one can bet on both red and black to play it safe? I see very few people who will hold their ground for solid truth. I see many who waver back and forth like a man of two minds. Please ask God for a spirit of Discernment!

What is the foundation of one's ministry? Are prophecies the foundation of someone's ministry? Are visions the foundation of one's ministry? Are dreams the foundation of someone's ministry? What should be the foundation of a ministry?

You see, just because someone post a bunch of scripture verses with their prophecy, visions, or dreams does not mean their foundation is the WORD OF GOD! The foundation of any ministry whether they be an individual, group, or church should be the WORD OF GOD. Prophecy, visions, and dreams are to be the supplement for the foundation of the Word of God and not the reverse.

I see many follow individuals whose foundation is but their prophecy, visions, or dreams. If people continue to follow prophecy, visions, or dreams without having a solid foundation of the WORD OF GOD, they will at the end be deceived. It is the WORD OF GOD that keeps us in check as prophecy, visions, dreams and other gifts are manifested. The gifts are to correlate with the WORD OF GOD!

There are too many chasing prophecy, visions, and dreams instead of chasing the Word of God. Prophecy, visions, and dreams by themselves will NOT keep you grounded with the LORD. It is the WORD of GOD in you that will ground you with the LORD. Memorizing a bunch of scripture verses is not necessarily knowing the Word of God. Quoting scripture verses does not necessarily mean someone knows the Word of God.

If you follow anyone's messages, follow someone who is feeding you the WORD OF GOD and its revelations! Then prophecy, visions, and dreams will correlate and supplement what is being taught. The Word of God is what will ENDURE FOREVER and prophecy, visions, and dreams will all pass away for all will lose its value as TRUTH will supersede them.

1 Corinthians 13:8 (AMP Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy ([a]the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away [it will lose its value and be superseded by truth].

John 15:1-10 I AM the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser.2Any branch in Me that does not bear fruit [that stops bearing] He cuts away (trims off, takes away); and He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit. 3You are cleansed and pruned already, because of the word which I have given you [the teachings I have discussed with you].4Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me. 5I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing. 6If a person does not dwell in Me, he is thrown out like a [broken-off] branch, and withers; such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire, and they are burned.7 If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.8When you bear (produce) much fruit, My Father is honored and glorified, and you show and prove yourselves to be true followers of Mine.9I have loved you, [just] as the Father has loved Me; abide in My love [[a]continue in His love with Me]. 10If you keep My commandments [if you continue to obey My instructions], you will abide in My love and live on in it, just as I have obeyed My Father's commandments and live on in His love.

In John chapter 15, Jesus said that His WORD is what cleanse and prunes us. It is HIS WORD that must continue to remain in us and to continue to live in our hearts and whatever we ask, it SHALL BE DONE FOR YOU. If we are praying for things and things are NOT being done for us then we better ask if the WORD of God is continuing in and living in our hearts! Chasing prophecy, visions, and dreams are not the prerequisites for having your prayers answered. You must chase HIM for HE is the WORD! Get to know HIM. Please do not misunderstand. I am not saying prophecy, visions, and dreams are bad but they are gifts to draw us closer to HIM. The gifts are used to confirm many things. They are not to be the source of our spiritual food. The WORD OF GOD is our spiritual food.

For whatever or whoever you are feeding from, make sure you are listening to folks whose foundation is the WORD OF GOD and not their gifts. The gifts are to be supplements to the Word of God. The signs and wonders are to be the supplements to those who are believing correctly. My wife and I possess certain gifts such as prophecy and others but they are not our foundation in which to draw people to HIM.

There are just too many trying way to hard to produce a word to feed an addicted generation. Read and learn all of His Word. Read and learn what He has done in the past in regards to a rebellious or obedient people. Read and learn so you will not make the same mistake as the previous generations. Read and learn so you may know His Voice.

Jeremiah 23:25-28 (AMP) I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in My name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed [visions on my bed at night].26[How long shall this state of things continue?] How long yet shall it be in the minds of the prophets who prophesy falsehood, even the prophets of the deceit of their own hearts, 27Who think that they can cause My people to forget My name by their dreams which every man tells to his neighbor, just as their fathers forgot My name because of Baal?28The prophet who has a dream, let him tell his dream; but he who has My word, let him speak My word faithfully. What has straw in common with wheat [for nourishment]? says the Lord.


Fire of God!
Steve Yong Kim
March 7, 2012







1 comment:

  1. Amen Thankyou because I too went to far as to being addicted to prophesies and revelations and not testing the spirit!

    ReplyDelete