Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Friday, January 24, 2014

God disciplines those whom HE Loves

Proverbs 20:30 NLT Physical punishment cleanses away evil; such discipline purifies the heart.

Proverbs 20:30 KJV The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Deuteronomy 32:39 (AMP) See now that I, I am He, and there is no god beside Me; I kill and I make alive, I wound and I heal, and there is none who can deliver out of My hand.

Proverbs 11:2 (AMP) When swelling and pride come, then emptiness and shame come also, but with the humble (those who are lowly, who have been pruned or chiseled by trial, and renounce self) are skillful and godly Wisdom and soundness.

Leviticus 26:18 And if in spite of all this you still will not listen and be obedient to Me, then I will chastise and discipline you seven times more for your sins.19 And I will break and humble your pride in your power, and I will make your heavens as iron [yielding no answer, no blessing, no rain] and your earth [as sterile] as brass.20 And your strength shall be spent in vain, for your land shall not yield its increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruit.21 If you walk contrary to Me and will not heed Me, I will bring seven times more plagues upon you, according to your sins.

Deuteronomy 8:2 (NLT) Remember how the Lord your God led you through the wilderness for these forty years, humbling you and testing you to prove your character, and to find out whether or not you would obey his commands.

God uses the physical things and experiences of life to mold, humble, and prove our character and faith. In Hebrews, it states, the Lord disciplines those whom HE loves. This word for discipline can be punish and even scourges every child HE accepts and welcomes. But we must submit to the discipline and even Thank HIM! In proverbs, it states that it is a blessing to be disciplined.

Scripture says no discipline is enjoyable as we go through it. But those who have learned of HIS ways can submit and thank HIM. When you are being chiseled by the trails of life and your circumstances, rather than praying to get out, you must pray to discern why you are being disciplined. In the Old Testament, the methods of discipline were war, disease, and economics. He has not changed. You must learn to discern and submit to HIS Corrections.

How do we stay on the straight and narrow road?

Leviticus 26:2-3 2 You shall keep My Sabbaths (Sundays now) and reverence My sanctuary. I am the Lord.3 If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments and do them,

Then we will be blessed and find favor. Please read all of Leviticus chapter 26 and know HE is God.

Psalms 119:67, 71 I used to wander off until you disciplined me; but now I closely follow your word.
71 My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees.

Pastor Steve Yong Kim

1 comment: