Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Sunday, August 11, 2013

YOU ARE THE GOD WHO SEES ME

“She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.” 14 That is why the well was called Beer Lahai Roi; it is still there, between Kadesh and Bered.” Genesis 16:13

In Genesis 16, the Angel of the Lord found Hagar, the Egyptian maidservant of Abram and Sarai wandering in the wilderness. When Sarah could not conceive she gave Hagar to Abram and Hagar became pregnant. Sarai mistreated Hagar and she dealt harshly with her so she fled from her.

During this crisis, the Lord revealed Himself to Hagar. Hagar was not expecting that the Lord would see her. But during this difficult moment of her life when she doesn’t know where to go and what to do, she met the Lord and she called Him “The God Who sees me.” There is a God who sees her and knows her by name. There is a God who cares for her and loves her.


Our God is a God who sees us and knows all about our life and our circumstances. He is the One who knows our heart. He sees us during our ups and downs. He knows our past and future and He cares for everyone. Whether we know the Lord or not, He still sees us. He knows what we are going through and He’s the One who says to us as He said to Hagar, “Return and Submit.”

Then the angel of the Lord told her, “Go back to your mistress and submit to her.” Genesis 16:9

Hagar was fleeing because she was mistreated by Sarai. She wants to escape, go somewhere far from the person who was hurting her. She wants to be free and begin a new life even she didn’t know where to go. Where can she go?

It is at this moment that the Lord talked to her and told her to return and submit herself to Sarai. If we were Hagar, will we return and submit ourselves to the person who is hurting us? Will we go back to the place where our situation is hard? Hagar obeyed the Lord and she went back to Sarai and Abram. She felt the love of God when she realized that there is a God who sees and cares for her. God wants her to submit to the situation where she dislikes. She realized that even her situation is difficult; Daddy God will be the One who will work it out. Daddy God will take care of her. All she must do is to submit. Will we return and submit ourselves to God? Yes, the Lord knows what you are going through. Yes, He knows that you are hurting. He knows that you are having a hard time. He knows that it is difficult for you. But He is God and if He’s the One who brought you in that place, He will be the One to deliver you and He will make a way for you. To do anything else ahead of His will and to decide to escape and clear our own way is folly. We must learn to depend on God whatever our circumstances are.

The Angel of the Lord gave Hagar a promise that He will multiply her descendants. Blessings will come when we obey God.

Do we know what it means to know that God sees? Many know that God sees but they don’t know it by heart. They know that God sees but they keep on doing their own ways. They know that God sees but they still keep on sinning. They know that God sees but they keep on breaking His heart. To truly know that God sees means submitting our self to Him and entrusting our whole life into His hands regardless of our circumstances. The God who sees us knows the situation we are in. To know that God sees means that we would rather die than to break His heart. To know that God sees means dying in our flesh and living a life that is pleasing to God. To know that God sees means having peace and joy in our hearts knowing that God will never forsake or abandon us as long as we are under His will.


O LORD, you have examined my heart, and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I'm far away.
You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD.
You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up, you are still with me! Psalm 139:1-6, 17-18

ALL GLORY TO GOD!

-Daddy’s girl

1 comment: