Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Thursday, November 8, 2012

LET GOD LEAD YOU IN THE WAY YOU SHOULD GO by Diane Solver


“It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8

“Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go.” Isaiah 48:17

In the Old Testament, God’s people, the Israelites, would inquire first for the word of the Lord before doing anything. They would inquire first before they go into the battle. They inquired of the Lord to determine who should be their king. They inquired of the LORD about His will in everything. They have special stones, the Urim and Thummim which the priests used in order to know what the Lord’s answer was. They also go to the priests or prophets to inquire of the LORD for them. Daddy God would sometimes answer them through visions and dreams.

Just like before, Daddy God wants us to seek and inquire after Him concerning our life and what we do. We must free our hearts from any idols and we must not insist going our own way. We can learn from the life of King Saul. King Saul was the first King anointed by God. At first, he was a devout follower of God. But soon, he began to stray from following the LORD. He disobeyed Daddy God and he did things in his own way. When things didn’t go along as quickly as he wanted, he offered burnt sacrifice which was lawful only for the priests. (1 Samuel 13) And then, he disobeyed God by not destroying all the Amalekites and their possessions. We must not be like King Saul who refused to inquire of the LORD and obey Him. We must not go ahead of God. We must seek Daddy God first before making decisions. Daddy God has all the answers. He has all the solutions and all directions that we need.



“I know, O LORD, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.” Jeremiah 10:23

“Who is the man who fears the LORD? Him will he instruct in the way that he should choose.” Psalm 25:12

After Saul disobeyed God, the LORD has sought out a man after His own heart. He had anointed David to be prince over his people. King David is a man who always inquires of the Lord. Unlike Saul, David always wanted to know God’s will and when He discovered that, He sought to do it. How many of us today are like King David who would inquire first of the Lord before making decisions? If we will be like King Saul who insisted on his ways, Daddy God will find someone to replace us, someone who will always seek to follow and obey Him fully.

“He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way.” Psalm 25:9

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Many among us tend to do things in our own way. We often think that it is okay to do our own plans and we think that God will still guide us through. But Daddy God will not be with us if it is not what He wants for us to do no matter how we are striving hard. Many Christians are unaware that they are going ahead of God. And they wonder why their plans do not succeed. If we do things without inquiring the Lord for permission, it will all be in vain. We must always seek and inquire the Lord.

In the Old Testament, Moses assured the Israelites that Daddy God will be with them. His presence will be with them as long as they remain faithful in following His commandments. This can also be applied to us Christians. We must remain faithful to Him. We must obey His commandments fully.

There are times that we do not know what we should do. If we do not know what we should do, then we must pray. We must keep on praying until we get an answer from God. It is during our prayer that we get to know God’s will. It is during our prayer that God will give us wisdom and knowledge so we will know His will.

“And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.” Isaiah 30:21

If we go to places where we should not be in, or if we do the things that we should not be doing, then Daddy God cannot use us.  We must pray, “Lord, let Your will be done in my life always. Show me and teach me in the way that I should go. If what I am about to do is not Your will, let me know Lord. Please close all the doors that will lead me away from the path that You have prepared for me. Open the right way Lord and direct me in the right path. Show me what to do. Lead me where to go. I want to follow Your will. I want to walk in Your way. Please confirm it to me and give me peace concerning it. I want to live my life knowing that You are with me because I am following You. Thank you because I know that You love me. Thank you because I know that You are my Father and I have peace in You. Amen.”



“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.” Psalm32:8

“The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way; 24 though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand.” Psalm 37:23-24

ALL GLORY TO GOD!

-Daddy’s girl
Diane Solver

No comments:

Post a Comment