Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I want to hear God


Many of us will hear God differently. Some are more sensitive depending on their calling and which part of the body they are. If one is the ear, then he/she will hear God more clearly than the foot. But the hand is also more sensitive than the foot. Therefore, the hand may be more sensitive to feel spiritual things.

However, if the foot receives the gift of shoes, should the hand become jealous? No, how can the hand wear the shoes? If the hand received the gift of gloves, should the foot become jealous? How can the foot wear gloves?

We should as individuals never compare overselves to one another on our gifts and calling for the body is of different parts. You may or may not hear God more clearly than other people. Many think and measure hearing God's voice audibly is most important and they somehow view it a higher gift or calling. However, scripture says the weakest parts of the body are the most absolute necessity. Just because some may not hear God's voice audibly does not mean one is less important. However, we must know His Ways as written in His Word so when events occur, we can discern to be His voice.

1 Corinthians 12:22-24 (AMP) But instead, there is [absolute] necessity for the parts of the body that are considered the more weak. 23And those [parts] of the body which we consider rather ignoble are [the very parts] which we invest with additional honor, and our unseemly parts and those unsuitable for exposure are treated with seemliness (modesty and decorum), 24Which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so adjusted (mingled, harmonized, and subtly proportioned the parts of) the whole body, giving the greater honor and richer endowment to the inferior parts which lack [apparent importance],

We must train ourselves to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit as He talks to us individually. He can speak to us in our spirit, from His Word, through other believers, your spiritual leaders, even unbelievers, our circumstances, and if we are stubborn than perhaps a donkey.

Yes, God will speak to us even through unbelievers. God spoke to Joseph through Pharaoh to save His people. God gave Pharaoh the dream. Would we not interpret a dream because an heathen received it?

I hear God audibly many times. How? God speaks to me through my wife as she prophecy when the Spirit is on her. But I hear Him more in my spirit and in my circumstances. Some people do hear God audibly on their own. You are hearing God right now through me as I am teaching you.

God does not always speak audibly. He speaks to us in many different ways and He is the small voice. We must be sensitive to know He is speaking to us from all things.

What if you are not called to hear His voice audibly? I have not heard Him audibly except through my wife and only one time in my dream. What if you are the arm and you are asking God to give you a hearing aid for the arm? The foot or the arm is not going to hear God as the ear does.

Therefore, let us continue to press into HIM by getting to know HIM more through His Word, prayer, and worship, DAILY. We must store up the basic building blocks of drawing closer to HIM. Then through time and at HIS TIME, He will speak to you the way He desires.

If you want your spiritual eyes open, you must pray more. I am talking about hours per day. Now, some may have their eyes open earlier because of their sensitivity but whatever you desire of God, you must pray more and more and more.

I do not even have my spiritual eyes open in which I see angels nor demons. I have not seen heaven nor hell. I am sure those days are coming at His time. But now, He is training me and you are witnessing the fruit. I am doing what I am called to do for this moment. I continue to move forward, obeying, and accepting what He gives me and the measure He gives me for now.

When you ask for more, please understand what you are asking. More will be required of you. You will be responsible and accountable for what you have been given.

God bless
Fire of God
Steve Yong Kim
Feb 9, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment