Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Friday, April 29, 2011

Code word - "I am not perfect"

As I meet Christians, I notice many have a common saying. As I preach to them, I hear many of them say a very common statement. I do not point out any of their sin for I do not know their heart or what they have been doing. Many of these Christians I meet at work and I only have a few minutes to talk to them. But in the few minutes, I try to speak as much Truth and Revelation as God allows. I have to assume the words I speak is convicting because they keep telling me the same thing. It is not all of them but it is the lukewarm Christians who have not been discipled properly. They like to reply and justify by saying, "I am not perfect."

What are they really saying? I have learned this is code for "I am still sinning, I am still in addictions, I am still in bondage, I am still doing things I do not want to bring into the light," and so on and so on. Of course, they do not tell me their sin nor do I ask.

I know no one is perfect. The messages the Lord reveals to me are messages for His people to turn back into the Light and back on the narrow road. It does not matter to me what sin one is in or has been committing. My job and calling is to teach His people to repent and obey the faith in Jesus Christ. We are to speak Truth and shine His Light, to lift Him on High so He may draw all men unto Him.

Yes, we are not perfect but can we not strive for perfection? At least try? Can we not try live a life from willful sin? Can we not repent and confess daily of what we have stumbled? Grace is there for us to be cleansed by His Blood on a daily basis. Yes, we will make mistakes but we have a choice to get back up and try again. Grace gives us another chance to get things right with God even for those who have fallen away from Grace. Grace gives us strength to overcome our bondage and addictions. Grace does not give us a license to sin. Grace does not give us the opportunity to continue in it and justify it by saying we are sinners and we are not perfect.


Romans 6:1-2 (Amplified Bible)1WHAT SHALL we say [to all this]? Are we to remain in sin in order that God's grace (favor and mercy) may multiply and overflow? 2Certainly not! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?


In the physical world, if we were given a pardon or grace by the government, do we go committing the same crimes when we get out. Will we continue to commit the same crimes thinking we will be pardoned again? Will we deceive ourselves and say I have been pardoned and therefore I am under "pardon" (spiritual terms "under Grace") and continue to commit the crimes? No, they will lock you up and throw away the key.

And what did Paul say if we continue to trample on His Grace? Grace is not there for us to live in our weaknesses, bondage, and addictions. Grace is there for us to get things right with God before He comes or before we go to Him gracefully.


Hebrews 10:29 (Amplified Bible)29How much worse (sterner and heavier) punishment do you suppose he will be judged to deserve who has spurned and [thus] trampled underfoot the Son of God, and who has considered the covenant blood by which he was consecrated common and unhallowed, thus profaning it and insulting and outraging the [Holy] Spirit [Who imparts] grace (the unmerited favor and blessing of God)?

Please beloved brethren, yes we are are not perfect and this is why we have Grace. We have Grace to overcome it and shun evil. Fear of the Lord begins when we run from evil. Do not just give up and deceive yourself thinking there is nothing you can do. You have a Choice to fight. You have a Choice to ask God to help you be free. You have a Choice to pray and cry out. Make a Choice to not willfully sin. You have a Choice to return to Him. I have met some who believe they can't go back because they have sinned. As long as you breathe, God is giving you that breathe to repent and Praise HIM!! So do not think your sin is greater than the Blood of Jesus. No sin is greater than the Blood of Jesus.

Proverbs 8:13 (Amplified Bible)13The reverent fear and worshipful awe of the Lord [includes] the hatred of evil; pride, arrogance, the evil way, and perverted and twisted speech I hate.

During our daily prayers, my wife and I repent and confess for the sins we have committed intentionally and unintentionally. He washes us with His Blood and the devil and his leaches cannot cling their claws on to us build their kingdom. The time we have of our life is not only to serve God but to root out all that is ugly from our hearts. As we move from Glory to Glory, as people see you and I, I hope we have decreased and He has increased and all they may see in us is the Love and manifestation of our Lord, Jesus Christ!

Return to your Beloved Savior if you have not done so in a FULL SURRENDER. Half hearted return or half hearted serving/worshiping the Lord is but blemishes and spots. Return to your Beloved KING OF KINGS, His Mercy and Grace is more than enough to forgive you. Make the choice to FULLY turn back to Him, not half way. BE WILLING TO PAY THE FULL COST OF YOUR LIFE TO FOLLOW HIM AND IN RETURN YOU HAVE EVERYTHING......HIM

GLORY TO HIM
FIRE OF GOD
Steve Yong Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment