Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I can do EVERYTHING through Christ - Yoojin Kim

Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.12 I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want. 13 I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].

NLT version “11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”

In the above scripture verses, Apostle Paul, discusses about him learning to be content in all situations whether in lack or abundance. This is a learning process. We attain this ability and revelation through our circumstances. .

"I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.12 I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance."

The apostle Paul had experienced much more difficult situations and circumstances than most if not all of us. He stated that he had learned the secret of living in all situations. The secret is not something in which many can not find. The secret is in verse 13. The secret is the strength in Christ Who empowers us! We need to spend time with HIM in worship, prayer, and His Word. He is the source of our strength. You must draw close to HIM to be strengthened. Without putting in your effort and time to worship, pray, and read daily, your learning process will not be completed.

Many Christians have nothing but excuses. "I cannot go on like this! I am too tired of my circumstances! I just can't take it no more! I am tired of my spouse and family members for they are not cooperating!" And so on and so on and so on.

Many are spiritually, mentally, and physically tired because they are attempting to run this course without HIS Strength. They are not spending the daily time to re fuel in HIM through worship, prayer, and His Word. They have not completely put on the full armor of God. No Sword and no Shield to protect them from the fierce weapons of the enemy.

James 1:2-4 (AMP) 2 Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations.3 Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience. 4 But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.

If we are truly born again Christians called to be His children, then going through tests, trials, and tribulations are but a natural thing for us and we must expect this type of journey. Through the trials, we will be perfected and fully developed matured without no defects and lacking nothing.

Do not be dismayed or frightened for He has started a good work in you. He knows what He is doing so flow with your circumstances. He is refining you. He is pruning away the bad parts which hinders you from fully following and hearing HIM. He prunes so that you may produce an excellent fruit. When the pruning is completed, He may use you as His vessel and weapon. You will be flexible and adaptable no matter where God places you. You will no longer resist.

You will be able to adapt without fear or doubt. When you go through difficult situations, do not be discouraged but accept it. The sooner you accept your circumstances, the sooner you will get out. Your job is to obey His Word, pray, read and worship in thanksgiving. Glorify His Name! I know it can be painful. But death is painful as your flesh must be crucified. When the pruning is completed, you will bear much fruit. Then many will be blessed through you.

Always remind yourself with His Word. "For I can do EVERYTHING through CHRIST, who gives me Strength!!"

Fire of God Ministries

Yoojin Kim
August 1, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment