Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The gift of tongue and how my wife and I pray

 I would like to share some things on how my wife and I pray. We are not saying this is "the" method or if this is any better than others. We are just sharing and if the Lord leads you to incorporate any parts of it into your prayers, well then, Praise the Lord! I am going to share what the Holy Spirit has taught us in the last few years.

I finally received the gift of tongue last year on October 2010. My wife had already received the gift several years ago. I had to pray for it for almost a year if I remember correctly. Many of you may not have the gift of tongue but you must ask and desire it. Many of you who do not have the gift of tongue may like to use that particular verse which says "Do not all speak in tongues?" How do you know you fit in such a category? Did God tell you or have you decided this conclusion your own? But the fact is that Paul actually wishes we all have it!! Therefore, pray and ask until you  receive.

1 Corinthians 14:5 Now I wish that you might all speak in [unknown] tongues, but more especially [I want you] to prophesy (to be inspired to preach and interpret the divine will and purpose). He who prophesies [who is inspired to preach and teach] is greater (more useful and more important) than he who speaks in [unknown] tongues, unless he should interpret [what he says], so that the church may be edified and receive good [from it].

Paul also said he expecially wants us to prophesy. But is everyone prophesying? Are we going to ask, do all prophesy? Perhaps, not all have asked for the gift of prophesy? If the gift of tongue is used to edify oneself, should we not desire it? If the gift of tongue is required to pray in the spirit than should we not all seek and have it to edify oneself? When Paul asked, "Do all speak in tongue?" He was speaking about the gift of language and not the utterance or the unknown tongue. In my amplified bible, 1 Corinthians 12:30 does not have (unknown) before tongue as 1 Corinthians 14:5 and 1 Corinthians 14:15 does. It is distingushing two different tongues. There are two different tongues. One is an acutual language in which I can receive so I can speak to an foreign audience. The other (unknown) tongue are the utterances or perhaps the tongue of angels. And even if it did sound like utterances to someone, how do we know it is not an actual language from long ago? Paul in 1 Corinthians 13:1 is acknowledging that he can speak in the tongue of angels.

1 Corinthians 12:30 "Do all possess extraordinary powers of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?"

1 Corinthians 14:14-15 "For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit [by the Holy Spirit within me] prays, but my mind is unproductive [it bears no fruit and helps nobody]. 15Then what am I to do? I will pray with my spirit [by the [e]Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will also pray [intelligently] with my mind and understanding; I will sing with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will sing [intelligently] with my mind and understanding also."

1 Corinthians 13:1 "IF I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion such as is inspired by God's love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal."

When my wife prophesies, it comes through the gift of tongue as she prays. Is she interpreting her own tongue or is God speaking through her? I believe it is both. Acts 19:6 states "they spoke in unknown tongues and prophesied."

Acts 19:6 "And as Paul laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spoke in [foreign, unknown] tongues (languages) and prophesied." As you can see, the brackets shows foreign and unknown.

I also have realized the churches that do not have daily or weekly prayer meetings are the ones that do not pray in (unknown) tongues. They acknowledge "the gift tongue" yet they will not seek it. Prayer is so very important in our walk with the Lord. If we are not a praying people, we will be defeated.

Before the Lord granted me the gift of tongue, He trained and tested me to see if I would pray normally. This is my experience and you may have a different experince. A few months prior to receiving the gift of tongue, we were in Colorado for one month and we attended a daily prayer meeting at the Holy Blazing Fire Church in Aurora. From Monday through Saturday, we prayed between 7 PM and to 9 PM give or take. Since I did not have the gift of tongue and all the other members did, I had to pray in normal English. But praying for two hours can be very difficult as I would run out of things to pray about. What did I do? Well, as the music played, I would incorporate worship during prayer. I worshipped and when God put a thought in me to pray about I would then go into praying mode. I would do this back and forth for 2 hours.

My wife and I pray with worship music in the background. We will incorporate worship with our prayers. My wife will do her Holy Spirit dance (this is a gift) and worships before she goes into prayer. I worship and pray back and forth. Like I said, I am not saying this is a defined method. It is what we do.

When we first start to pray, I will seal ourselves with the Blood of Jesus and call out for the Fire of God or Holy Fire around us. I ask God to send His mighty angels to surround us as well. Most of our praying is in tongue. The gift of (unknown) tongue is a perfect prayer. Even though we may not understand what we are speaking, the Holy Spirit is interceding on our behalf. It is to pray in the spirit.

1 Corinthians 14:14-15 "For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit [by the Holy Spirit within me] prays, but my mind is unproductive [it bears no fruit and helps nobody]. 15Then what am I to do? I will pray with my spirit [by the [e]Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will also pray [intelligently] with my mind and understanding; I will sing with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will sing [intelligently] with my mind and understanding also."

We may be praying normally or praying in tongue. But as many of you have probably experienced, when we pray or read the bible, we seem to get attacked. Perhaps, our minds might begin to drift away and we begin to have other thoughts. Perhaps, we begin to day dream. Sometimes, we get sleepy all of suddenly.

When your mind gets attacked, call for the Blood of Jesus or the Fire of God on your brain, mind and thoughts. Keep doing it until those thoughts that do not belong there disappear. When you have bad thoughts of people or circumstances, try to pin point that thought or emotion. For example, if you are having a bad thought of someone, bind and cast out that thought in the name of Jesus. If it is jealousy, bind and cast it out by name. For example, "In Jesus Name, I bind and cast out jealousy! I bind and cast out the spirit of pride, deception, and delusion." You must understand, the evil forces may be around or in us and just because you cannot see them does not mean they are not around or in us.

Everyday when we pray, I am constantly binding deception, delusion, pride, and jealousy. These four evil spirits seems to contribute havoc on the body of Christ. After I bind and cast them out, I speak humility over ourselves. I speak life, peace, and His Truth over us.

If negative emotions or thoughts are consuming you, it is more likely that evil spirits have infritrated you. You must bind and cast them out of yourselves. Sometimes, if there is a stronghold in you, you may not be able to cast them out yourselves and will need help. Much of breaking down the stronghold is through repentance. Speak the spirit of repentance over you so the Holy Spirit can help you repent. But regardless, you must pray fervently and with authority. Perhaps your prayers must be accompanied with fasting. It is not just a one time statement of bind and cast out and we think it is all done. Sometimes, we have to pound on the evil spirit until they retract.

A water drop from a faucet has no effect. However, if that water drop continued to drop on a rock for several years, that benign water drop will change the structure of the rock. It may not have an immediate impact at first but as it continues its drops of water, it will have a major impact in the long term. This is how it is with prayers. We must continue until breakthrough.

My wife and I will continue to pray normally and in tongue. When we get sleepy, we must pray for a period of time until we achieve that breakthrough of renewed strength. Sometimes, I receive a lot of energy after prayer.

Many Christians do not understand the importance of prayer. Prayer will move the spiritual realm. Jesus had always prayed. I read that prayers are tangible things in the spiritual realm and the angels gather our prayers. Our prayers are gathered and stored. They are mixed with/and are the incense of fragrant spices and gums. How much prayer have you stored in heaven?

Revelation 5:8 "And when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders [ of the heavenly Sanhedrin] prostrated themselves before the Lamb. Each was holding a harp (lute or guitar), and they had golden bowls full of incense (fragrant spices and gums for burning), which are the prayers of God's people (the saints)."

Revelation 8:3 And another angel came and stood over the altar. He had a golden censer, and he was given very much incense (fragrant spices and gums which exhale perfume when burned), that he might mingle it with the prayers of all the people of God (the saints) upon the golden altar before the throne.

Some people have told me they are apprehensive if their gift of tongue is from God. When my wife begins to prophecise, she will call out for the Blood of Jesus and/or Fire of God on her mouth and tongue. This is how we test the spirits of prophecy. If demons are in our thoughts and if they are attempting to distract or counterfeit prophecy, we will call out the Blood of Jesus or the Holy Fire of God on our mouths and brains.

During our deliverance ministry, we have found out that demons can lodge themselves in our organs and body parts. They cause your sickness. We know this because we have tested it as we have called them out of certain organs or body parts and they had reacted.

Discipline yourself to become a prayer warrior. Do not think the other person is assigned the job to be an intercessor. Jesus is our main intercessor and if He lives in you then you are the intercessor as well. We are all intercessors. Pray for His Truth to be revealed in you. Pray that you are put in agreement wtih HIM. Pray and bind His Truth around your neck and around your hearts.

Three years ago during a drive to church my wife was driving and praying in the spirit. She began to prophecy as God spoke through her. He said three things. "Do not get corrupted, do not get deceived, and do not fall away." When I heard this, I thought to myself, 'Does God know something I don't of my future?' Regardless, this is what we incorporate into our prayers as well. We ask the Holy Spirit to help us so we do not get corrupted, that we do not get deceived, and to help us so we do not fall away.

If you have not been baptised by the Holy Spirit and with His Fire, please start praying for it! You will not receive it unless you ask!

Matthew 3:11 (AMP) "I indeed baptize you [a]in (with) water [b]because of repentance [that is, because of your [c]changing your minds for the better, heartily amending your ways, with abhorrence of your past sins]. But He Who is coming after me is mightier than I, Whose sandals I am not worthy or fit to take off or carry; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire"

God Bless you
Fire of God
Steve Yong Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment