Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Saturday, October 8, 2011

God gives us spiritual gifts to draw us closer to HIM



Spiritual gifts or experiences granted to you by the Lord are given through His Grace. They are further advanced to draw close to Him through obedience and your faith. Although we are special in His eyes, we are not that special to the point where our heads should puff up from the gifts. Spiritual gifts are suppose to lead us to Him into a more intimate relationship.


When a couple courts one another, will not the man or woman start to give gifts to one another to attract more of one another? Gifts are given out of love and to attract the other even further. It is never about the gifts. It is about the giver of the gift.

We Christians should know all spiritual gifts, power, wisdom, revelation, discernment, etc are His. Receiving spiritual gifts or having spiritual experiences can be very dangerous as some have fallen into pride and complacency. When receiving spiritual gifts or experiences, one should humble themselves further instead of attempting to rise within the crowd. Many make the mistake of trying to shine instead of letting the Lord's Light shine. We own NOTHING!! As I said, the gifts are given to draw us closer to HIM.

Many Christians are told to avoid spiritual gifts as they are erroneously told that spiritual gifts were only for the days of Acts. This is not so. Where does it say in the bible that His gifts would stop flowing? Where in the bible does it say God would stop speaking to His people through His gifts? In fact, scripture says, God will pour down His Spirit in the last days in which our sons and daughters will prophesy and young men shall see visions.

Acts 2:17-18 (AMP) And it shall come to pass in the LAST DAYS, God declares, that I will pour out of My Spirit upon all mankind, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy [[a]telling forth the divine counsels] and your young men shall see visions ([b]divinely granted appearances), and your old men shall dream [[c]divinely suggested] dreams.18Yes, and on My menservants also and on My maidservants in those days I will pour out of My Spirit, and they shall prophesy [[d]telling forth the divine counsels and [e]predicting future events pertaining especially to God's kingdom].

If we are heading home to the spiritual, then our walk and journey should become more spiritual. If we are at war in the spiritual realm, how are we to fight the spiritual war with carnal weapons? Should we not receive spiritual weapons and become more spiritual if we are FREE and being set free? Should we not be becoming more spiritual beings? 

1 Corinthians 14:1 "EAGERLY PURSUE and seek to acquire [this] love [make it your aim, your great quest]; and earnestly desire and cultivate the spiritual endowments (gifts), especially that you may prophesy ([a]interpret the divine will and purpose in inspired preaching and teaching)."

Let us know our places. Let us know we are the clay and He is the potter. Let us ask and receive His spiritual gifts with humility. Let us continue to deny ourselves so He may INCREASE in us. May Jesus be Glorified! 

Isaiah 10:15 (AMP) "Shall the ax boast itself against him who chops with it? Or shall the saw magnify itself against him who wields it back and forth? As if a rod should wield those who lift it up, or as if a staff should lift itself up as if it were not wood [but a man of God]!"

Fire of God!

Steve Yong Kim

October 7 at 10:23pm, re edited

1 comment:

  1. I first had my experience one morning after just checking out of the mental hospital. I was being tormented by fear and I was sleep and woke up frantically because I heard the Holy Spirit blasphemed. I was so scared and just hearing it over and over again. Fast forward a yr and a half and I feel like the blasphemy spirits are speaking through my throat. I have sleepless nights because I'm attacked in my mind. I would try to fall asleep and then hear that I'm going to hell and I would jump right up again not really resting. I would try to ignore it or even say it's not me and forget about it but it was so intense. I'm an intercessor so it doesn't help that I'm already fighting demons on other people m's behalf. I talk to my pastor and church family about it but no one could really console me until I read this page. I am also battling with the Leviathian spirit which when I hear a command to bow down and prostrate I would hear a cuss word against the Holy Spirit and I couldn't figure out how the demon could hear that if they cannot read our thoughts, so that has me hesitate to bow down and pray because I don't want to bow to no demon. This site helps so much. All these random and harsh commands from the demons would have me stopping all things and focus on warring with them when I'm missing valuable time working, enjoying church, spending time with family or worshipping. There shouldn't be constant warfare all day long. I will continue to pray and believe I'm delivered for good. This is for God's glory.

    ReplyDelete