Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Friday, July 22, 2016

Spiritual exile

“The nations will then know why Israel was sent away to exile—it was punishment for sin, for they were unfaithful to their God. Therefore, I turned away from them and let their enemies destroy them. I turned my face away and punished them because of their defilement and their sins.”
Ezekiel 39:23-24 NLT

Today, Christians are spiritual Israel. Many today are living a life of spiritual exile. We may not be physically conquered and sent away, but spiritually, many Christians have been conquered due to their sins and are spiritually living a life of spiritual exile. 

First, we must understand why Israel was allowed to be conquered and sent away for captivity. They were in sin and in rebellion to God. But sadly, most of them did not realize they were deceived and in sin. Regardless, their pride and idolatry has blinded them just as many are blinded today. 

God had sent for King Nebuchadnezzar. In fact, God said that Nebuchadnezzar was His servant. God would used Babylon to punish His people and to teach them obedience. If they did not obey Nebuchadnezzar, they would die. 

Today, many Christians are living a physical life in spiritual exile. They are spiritual captives to the demons. They are slaves to bondage, poverty, sickness, and addictions. When people are physical slaves, the slaves work to feed and prosper their conquerors. As spiritual slaves stuck in bondage, addictions, or other problems, people without realizing are spiritually feeding the demons who have them conquered. It is a time of spiritual punishment. Sadly, many Israeli children were born in Babylon and they had become slaves. They were eating the fruit of the sin of their parents. Today is no different. Many Christians are paying for the sin of their parents and grandparents. They are eating the fruit of their sin.

But there is also a promise of restoration. Today, as spiritual Israel, we also need to cry out (pray) to God. HE is more than willing to restore us for His Name sake.

"So now, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will end the captivity of my people; I will have mercy on all Israel, for I jealously guard my holy reputation! They will accept responsibility for their past shame and unfaithfulness after they come home to live in peace in their own land, with no one to bother them. When I bring them home from the lands of their enemies, I will display my holiness among them for all the nations to see. Then my people will know that I am the LORD their God, because I sent them away to exile and brought them home again. I will leave none of my people behind. And I will never again turn my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit upon the people of Israel. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!”
Ezekiel 39:25-29 NLT

In the Holy Fire Ministry, I realize this is the time and generation HE is gathering His people to restore for His Glory. Do not lose this opportunity due to fear or sin. Run from sin and come back home. Run from fear and come to His Perfect Love. Everything takes time as we are tested. Not all will return out of captivity due to their choice. But HE will leave none behind who is willing to obey and surrender back to Him.

Pastor Steve

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. taurus monthly love horoscope

    ReplyDelete