Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Friday, May 24, 2013

Is your prayers but a sound of a gong?

1 Corinthians 13:1-8

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a NOISY GONG or a CLANGING CYMBAL. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but DON'T LOVE OTHERS, I WOULD BE NOTHING. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I DIDN'T LOVE OTHERS I WOULD HAVE GAINED NOTHING.4 Love is PATIENT and KIND. Love is NOT JEALOUS or BOASTFUL or PROUD 5 or RUDE. IT DOES NOT DEMAND ITS OWN WAY. It is NOT IRRITABLE, and IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF BEING WRONGED. 6 It DOES NOT rejoice about injustice BUT rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER LOOSE FAITH, is always HOPEFUL, and ENDURES through EVERY circumstance.8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But LOVE WILL LAST FOREVER!

I hope that Christians read these verses VERY carefully for you don't want to be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. Speaking tongues and possessing gifts will not make us holy or righteous before God's eyes. If we don't have love (don't show love) God will see us as noisy gong. Our prayer will sound like clanging cymbal to God's ears.We are simply NOTHING (yes nothing!!) without love. Love is patient and kind. Are we patient toward others? Where is patient among Christians? God's long patient and suffering brought all of us this far. If God has cut us off and judged just because we didn't listen at first, non of us could have made it this far.

God gives so much grace, mercy and chances to many of us, but yet...we quickly forget and judge others with our own righteousness.Love does not demand its own way, the scripture said.

Love NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER LOOSE FAITH, is always HOPEFUL and this is our Gods nature. Steve and I encountered many Christians for few years now. Most of them did not listen, rebelled, hated, back stepped us, and betrayed us. But we loved, and embraced them even more..because thats what Love does, God. Gods love and patient is just unimaginable. I am not able to fathom His amazing love. I have received His love, long suffering and mercy, so that I must give back what I have received to others so that others may receive salvation and live a resurrected life.

So many Christians are becoming or/and acting like the world. Our fight is not against flesh and blood but against evil spirits. But since many Christians are so carnal, they are not able to see the spiritual things working behind. They are spiritually BLIND. Let us not forget what we have received from God. God will give mercy to those who have shown mercy to others. We will reap what we sow.
Let us ask God to help us bear fruit of the Holy Spirit. Remember..Love will Never fail.

Fire of God International Church
Pastor Yoojin Kim







No comments:

Post a Comment