Welcom

Home Page WWW.FIREOFGOD.CHURCH

Join us for Sunday LIVE Stream Services at 1 PM Pacific timeannel

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Guard your lips/tongue

Isaiah 7:5-8 " Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone and ruined, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!6 Then flew one of the seraphim [heavenly beings] to me, having a live coal in his hand which he had taken with tongs from off the altar;7 And with it he touched my mouth and said, Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity and guilt are taken away, and your sin is completely atoned for and forgiven.8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for Us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

 If we (Christians) are called to proclaim, teach and preach the Word of God, we must first cleanse our lips. There are too many Christians using the vocabulary of the world. Many Christians use cuss words, insulting words, abusive foul languages, cursing and swear in His name not even realizing how serious it is.

Matthew 12:37 (AMP) For by your words you will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced.

We can not preach and witness with our filthy lips. Only after Isaiah was cleansed with his lips, God then asked, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for Us?"

God desires us to be cleansed first before He really entrusts His ministry to us. Not only be cleansed by what we do but also by what we say. We are the representatives of King of Kings and the Lord of lords.

James 3:5-11 "Even so the tongue is a little member, and it can boast of great things. See how much wood or how great a forest a tiny spark can set ablaze!6 And the tongue is a fire. [The tongue is a] world of wickedness set among our members, contaminating and depraving the whole body and setting on fire the wheel of birth (the cycle of man’s nature), being itself ignited by hell (Gehenna). 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea animal, can be tamed and has been tamed by human genius (nature). 8 But the human tongue can be tamed by no man. It is a restless (undisciplined, irreconcilable) evil, full of deadly poison.9 With it we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse men who were made in God’s likeness!10 Out of the same mouth come forth blessing and cursing. These things, my brethren, ought not to be so.11 Does a fountain send forth [simultaneously] from the same opening fresh water and bitter?

Let us tame our lips, for we may be cursing our own selves and our lives. Always speak blessings. Always speak blessings to others for if they do not deserve, it will be returned to you.

Matthew 10:12-13 "When you enter the home, give it your blessing. 13 If it turns out to be a worthy home, let your blessing stand; if it is not, take back the blessing."

Proverbs 13:3 (AMP) He who guards his mouth keeps his life, but he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

Fire of God
Yoojin Kim
July 14, 2012



1 comment:

  1. It's unbelievable the cursing that goes on in our society! Even moms/dads curse! Ppl just say the "f" word like it's nothing! It really bothers me to the point I've rebuked a few "worldly" ppl cause it really kills my spirit trying to enjoy my day. The hard part isn't the cursing for me as a Christian...it's at times being wise w/ my words.

    ReplyDelete